Customer Reviews (0)
Delivery & Returns
- We offer FREE delivery in Mainland UK on orders over a £45.00
- Click & Collect at Timeless shop here in Tiverton, Devon
- ANTIQUE Furniture - FREE UK Mainland delivery available
- If for whatever reason, you are not happy with your purchase, please return it to us within 14 days of receipt for full refund or exchange
- Check out full Delivery & Refund information here .
Woven African Nyariga Shopping Baskets
Use as Market Basket, Shopping Basket, Storage Basket, Home Decor Basket. The Baba Tree Basket Companyt specializes in supplying unique, hand woven African baskets that are beautiful and functional. The Nyariga Market basket has been handwoven for style and strength since 2008 by The Baba Tree weavers and is still a firm favourite with customers worldwide. The coil woven at the top of the basket provides extra strength for those days when you might get a little carried away shopping fruit and veg at your local farmer’s market.. no worries! Choose from dip-dyed brights and dreamy colour schemes in a multitude of sizes to suit all your needs!
Nyariga Shopping Basket
The Nyariga, (also referred to as the “U-shopper,” a name that lacks any mystery or imagination but, of course, is much easier to pronounce) is fab and hardworking double weave shopping basket.
Height is measured to the top of the wing and doesn’t include handle. Length is measured from wing to wing. We also take into consideration the size of the basket’s base when determining size. You will see slight variation on sizes due to each basket being individually hand woven.
You can read more about Baba Tree and how the baskets are made in our Blog post.
You will receive the basket in the picture.
Niariga Shopping basket XL
19-20 inches /48-51 cm
Baba Tree Company
African Shopping Basket